Mission, Vision & Goals
CLTCC is a comprehensive public two-year community college that provides academic, occupational and specialized training leading to industry-based certifications, technical certificates, technical diplomas, and associate degrees. CLTCC also responds to the needs of the community by providing personalized enrichment for individuals and customized adult education for educationally disadvantaged populations. Using innovative educational strategies, the college creates a skilled workforce and prepares individuals for advanced educational opportunities.
CLTCC aspires to produce knowledgeable, skilled, and confident citizens to contribute to the sustainability of the local, state, and national economy through effective academic and technical education skills. The college will increase its offerings of rapid, flexible, and innovative training and instruction to address changing workforce needs. CLTCC strives to increase community awareness of the educational opportunities offered and the importance of educational resources available through community outreach. CLTCC endeavors to increase access for students, develop cooperatives with local business and industry, and improve the effectiveness and accountability of leadership via integrated operations.
Goals (FY2015 through FY2019)
- Academic access and success through program development and academic partnerships.
- Student success through quality instruction and programmatic engagement.
- Workforce development that responds to the needs of business and industry in Central Louisiana.
- Greater community awareness, visibility, and involvement.
- Efficiency and effectiveness in organizational operations through assessment, planning, and continuous improvement.
- Institutional facilities and technology to improve organizational infrastructure, safety, and aesthetics.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and productive organizational culture.