Course Description: The Automotive Technology program provides specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students to engage in the servicing and maintenance of all types of automobiles at the entry level. The program prepares students to select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment. Instruction in the diagnosis of malfunctions and the repair of engines, fuel, electrical, cooling, and brake systems, drive train, and suspension systems are included.
Graduates of this program work as technicians to inspect, repair, and maintain a vehicle's mechanical and electronic systems, including those found on cars, trucks, motorcycles, aircraft, marine, and industrial vehicles.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately four semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
Location: Lamar Salter Campus
Cost:$2,250 per semester (based on highest credential available).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in two years.
- This program will cost $9,000.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $ 2,076.16 of debt.
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for Automotive Technology are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Technical Diploma) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
CTS – ENGINE REPAIR TECHNICIAN
CTC – AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION & TRANSAXLE TECHNICIAN
CTC – MANUAL DRIVE TRAIN TECHNICIAN
CTC – STEERING & SUSPENSION TECHNICIAN
CTC – ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
CTC – HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING TECHNICIAN
CTC – ENGINE PERFORMANCE TECHNICIAN
CTC – ENGINE TECHNICIAN
Career and Technical Certificate (CTC), Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS),Technical Diploma (TD)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.