This program is available at the Natchitoches Campus.
The Cosmetology program prepares individuals to work efficiently in the role of cosmetologist and/or hair stylist. Classroom instruction includes the study of anatomy and physiology of the head, neck, and other areas, infection control, decontamination and sanitation of tools, hair cutting, styling, and coloring, permanent waving and relaxing, facials, and the application of cosmetic makeup. Manicuring, pedicuring, and salon management are also included.
Graduates of this program work in a variety of professions in the beauty industry, including hairstylist, beautician, makeup artist, and salon or spa manager. Some licensed professionals also choose careers in the beauty industry as beauty magazine editors or consultants, while others become sales or marketing specialists in the cosmetics industry. Others go on to teach beauty school and pass on their knowledge and skills to the next generation.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately three semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
The estimated program cost per semester (subject to change) is $2,045 (based on the highest credential available). The overall cost is approximately $6,135 in tuition and fees, plus $1,400 for books and supplies, making the total estimated cost $7,535.or books/supplies making the total add up to $7,535.
To practice as a cosmetologist, you must have a license. Completion of the program and passage of the required Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology examinations are required to apply for a license.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in 18 months.
- This program will cost $7535.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $6,101.54 of debt.
- Program meets licensure requirements in the following States: Louisiana
- Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the following States: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for Cosmetology are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Technical Diploma) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate. Click here for the Cosmetology curriculum.
TD - Cosmetology
CTC – Shampoo Assistant
Career and Technical Certificate (CTC), Technical Diploma (TD)