Drafting and Design Technology
This program is available at the Alexandria Campus.
The Drafting & Design Technology program is a two-year technical program designed to give students essential knowledge and skills required for efficient and productive performance in the drafting field. CLTCC grants a diploma to students upon satisfactory completion of the curriculum. Certificates are also offered for those needing a background in drafting without gaining all of the skills required for employment as a drafter.
Graduates of this program work in various fields involving drafting and design such as mechanical drafting and design, building information modeling, architectural drafting and design, parametric modeling, civil drafting and design, and structural detailing.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately four semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
The estimated program cost per semester (subject to change) is $2,472 (based on the highest credential available).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in two years.
- This program will cost $9888.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $4,617.15 of debt.
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for Drafting & Design are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Technical Diploma) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
TD – DRAFTING & DESIGN TECHNICIAN
AAS – TECHNICAL STUDIES (DRAFTING & DESIGN CONCENTRATION)
CTS – ENGINEERING AIDE II
Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS), Technical Diploma (TD), Associate of Applied Science (AAS)