Lamar Salter Campus
15014 Lake Charles Highway, Leesville, LA 71446
- Lamar Salter Campus was established in 1978. It’s located in Vernon Parish in the City of Leesville, which is approximately five miles from the Fort Polk military post.
- Lamar Salter Campus offers career and technical education programs, general education courses, high school dual enrollment, adult basic education, and workforce development training.
- Career and technical education programs at Lamar Salter include Automotive Technology, Business Office Administration, Carpentry, Outdoor Power Equipment Technology, Practical Nursing and Welding Technology.
- Lamar Salter Campus currently has workforce development partnerships with Fort Polk and multiple private businesses to train active duty military who are nearing the end of their active duty service for civilian careers through Fort Polk’s Soldier for Life Transition Assistance Program (SFL-TAP). Under the SFL-TAP, Cheniere Energy, Inc. (NYSE MKT: LNG) and Bechtel, Oil, Gas and Chemicals are training transitioning soldiers for careers in welding technology, KBR, Inc. (NYSE: KBR) is training transitioning soldiers for careers in pipefitting, and CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is training transitioning soldiers for careers in the industrial electrical field.
- Lamar Salter is a member of the Vernon Parish Chamber, Beauregard Chamber, and Southwest Louisiana Chamber.
- Lamar Salter Campus offers group tours as well individual tours. For a tour of the campus, call (337) 537-3135. You also may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lamar Salter Campus hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer, the campus operates on a four-day work-week schedule. Faculty and staff work four 10-hour days, Monday - Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.