Spring Semester Return to Campus Procedures
CLTCC Students and Employees
Effective: January 12, 2022; Updated January 14, 2022
As the situation with COVID-19 continues, CLTCC will continue proactive decisions grounded in providing services to our students, while also doing our part to help stop the spread of the virus. The safety of our community is our top priority. As such, effective Tuesday, January 18, 2022, all Central Louisiana Technical Community College campuses will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Everyone entering CLTCC building(s) will be required to complete the screening process. Before entering the campus, all CLTCC Students and Staff must complete the online ‘CLTCC COVID-19 Check-In Form’. This form is a survey of identifying an individual’s potential COVID-19 concerns. The form can be found at the following webpage: https://bit.ly/3AdXihj In the event online access is not available, each CLTCC Campus will have a paper form to complete.
- Faculty, Staff, and Students will be required to wear a mask at all times inside a CLTCC building or classroom. Students should be given one reminder/correction and should then be reported for possible corrective action.
- Students are encouraged to provide their own face coverings (surgical masks are strongly encouraged). CLTCC will provide upon request, provided inventory is available. Please contact your Campus Administration Office.
- Faculty, Staff, and Students will be required to wear masks or face coverings in all public spaces, classrooms, and shared office spaces. Failure to do so will result in corrective action. CLTCC will work with all employees on a case-by-case basis for extraordinary circumstances. (Students without a mask should visit Campus Administration to obtain one.)
- As we practice physical distancing, access to our public spaces (library, study halls, computer labs) will be limited and social distancing will be mandatory.
- Please limit the use of elevators to essential needs only, with one passenger.
- Sensitivity to COVID-19 or those requiring special considerations:
- Students that are immunocompromised or have extenuating situations and would like to attend classes on campus should contact the Office of Student Services to receive accommodation.
- Employees that are immunocompromised or have extenuating situations and would like to request special accommodation should contact CLTCC's Human Resources Office.
- When using restrooms, please skip a stall. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving the restroom and use a paper towel to turn on and off the water and to exit the bathroom. If busy, wait 6 feet apart and outside the restroom if possible.
- Given the dynamics of the virus, classes being held on campus are subject to change. Monitor your email and Canvas for any updates.
- Social distancing for all individuals will be adhered to as follows:
- Maintain a minimum distance of 3 feet apart for masked individuals.
- Those unable to follow the mask mandate will be required to distance themselves a minimum of 6 feet.
- Testing Positive for COVID-19
- Students testing positive for COVID-19 and have attended class on- campus should contact their instructor. Instructors should follow the guidelines below while maintaining student privacy:
- Inform the student they MUST self-isolate for five days (returning on day 6) without symptoms OR provide a medical release before returning to campus
- Notify your Campus Dean immediately.
- At Campus Dean's discretion, you may deliver the message below to students/or staff. The message should only be delivered to those who were in the same vicinity as the potential exposure. Confidentiality must be followed in carefully informing the appropriate parties.
- Faculty and Staff testing positive for COVID-19. Campus Dean/Supervisor should follow the guidelines below:
- Inform the Employee they MUST self-isolate for 5 days (returning on day 6) without symptoms – or - provide a medical release before returning to campus while strictly adhering to the mask mandate.
- Notify Director of Human Resources
- At your discretion, you may deliver the message below to students and/or staff appropriately. The message should ONLY be delivered to those who were in the same vicinity as the potential exposure. Confidentiality must be followed in carefully informing the appropriate parties.
- Faculty and Staff with suspected exposure may return to work with a medical release or self-isolate for 5 days (returning on day 6) without symptoms
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow or a tissue. Wash hands immediately.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. The Louisiana Department of Health recommends COVID-19 testing for any patients who are experiencing symptoms such as:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have these symptoms, contact your primary care physician for guidance. Visit , http://ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/3934? for a testing center near you.
- Students are encouraged to sanitize before entering the class and upon leaving.
- Office hours should be by appointment only when an on-campus meeting is needed and via WebEx or Microsoft Teams if possible.
- CLTCC is committed to using WebEx, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams for conferencing software.
Students with questions are encouraged to contact their instructor or campus dean. Employees with questions are encouraged to contact their respective campus dean or supervisor.