Students pursuing a two-year or four-year degree are required to take and successfully complete general education courses. Every college or university normally requires students to take general education courses, regardless of the student's major program of study. These courses are often taken early in the program before the student's core degree coursework. The courses are designed to give undergraduates a broad background in all major academic disciplines — mathematics, natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and composition.
CLTCC began offering general education courses through articulation agreements with Louisiana State University of Alexandria (LSUA), Northwestern State University (NSU) in Natchitoches, and Upper Iowa University (UIU). Today, CLTCC general education courses are transferable to any public Louisiana college or university. Click on the link below to view the Louisiana Board of Regents Articulation Matrix for more details on courses you can transfer from CLTCC to another state college or university. https://regents.la.gov/master-course-articulation/
General Education Scholarship
Beginning summer 2017, and for a limited time, CLTCC is offering scholarships for general education courses. Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and recipients can only receive two scholarships per session or semester and a total of six scholarships for the academic year. Students enrolled in a general education course also must make satisfactory academic progress. Students who earn a "W" or "F" grade in a general education course paid for with scholarship funding are not eligible for a second scholarship. General education courses are offered face-to-face, by compressed video, online, and in hybrid formats to better serve students. Newly added face-to-face locations include the CLTCC Natchitoches Campus, and the Sabine Valley Campus in Many. To qualify for a $250 scholarship:
- Applicants must be a recent high school graduate currently enrolled or planning to enroll at a Louisiana state college or university with a selected major or program of study; or be an incoming high school senior who qualifies to take general education courses (even while still in high school);
- Applicants must complete the CLTCC online admissions application if a new or visiting student;
- Applicants must register for a General Education course through LoLA if a current or existing student.
To apply for a $250 General Education Scholarship, 1) you must be accepted to the college, 2) enroll in at least one general education course, 3) have a payment plan in place or authorized financial aid (see instructions below on how to set up a payment plan), and 4) complete the General Education Scholarship Application Form.
Payment Plan Instructions:
- Log into LoLA.
- Select "STUDENT HOME" tab.
- In the "My Account" box, select the semester with an unpaid balance.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Payment Options"
- In the "Installment Payment Plans" box, click enroll.