This program is available at the Alexandria and Many Campuses.
The Electrician program provides a basic core of specialized instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in electrical trades. Students who complete the basic core may choose any of the specialty areas. Specialty areas prepare the graduate as an Industrial Electrician, Marine Electrician, or Commercial Electrician. Each area includes a study of all applicable codes and standards, blueprint reading, wiring diagrams, and installations which are appropriate to the area. All work is performed with an emphasis on shop and work safety.
Graduates of this program work as electrical contractors or are self-employed. Electricians install wiring, fuses, and other electrical components in homes, businesses, and factories.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately four semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
The estimated program cost per semester (subject to change) is $1,898 (based on highest credential available).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in two years.
- This program will cost $7592.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $11,212.00 of debt.
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
- To print Gainful Employment Disclosure, click here.
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for Electrician Technology are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Technical Diploma) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
CTC - Electrician Helper
CTS - Residential Electrician
Career and Technical Certificate (CTC) Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS), Technical Diploma (TD)