Program Description: The Pharmacy Technician program provides students with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to qualify for entry-level positions in pharmacies as well as prepare for national certification.
Graduates of this program help licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health care professionals. Pharmacy Technicians work in pharmacies, including retail stores, hospitals, and other health care facilities.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately two semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
Location: Ferriday Campus
Cost: $2,346 per semester (based on highest credential available).
The Pharmacy Technician Program at CLTCC partners with PioneerRx Pharmacy Software. PioneerRx allows students to learn in a real-world environment while enhancing our curriculum with a hands-on approach to learning that simulates the functions and workflow in a pharmacy. For more information about the software, please visit PioneerRX.com https://www.pioneerrx.com/web/
Students will simulate prescription processing, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Entering new prescriptions and refills
- Entering new patients into the database
- Entering new providers into the database
- Verifying patient information (including allergies, medication history, drug interactions and disease states
- Entering insurance information
- Simulation of adjudication of insurance
- Creating labels for filling of medications
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in 10 months.
- This program will cost $4692.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $ 6,064.26 of debt.
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for this program are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Certificate of Technical Studies) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
CTS – Pharmacy Technician
CTC - Pharmacy Clerk
Career and Technical Certificate (CTC), Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.