Program Description: The Practical Nursing (PN) program prepares students to meet the licensure requirements for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), as established by the Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners. The program progresses from simple to complex and consists of classroom instruction, lab practicum, and supervised clinical activities in accredited hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care agencies.
Graduates of this program work in many settings, including nursing homes and extended care facilities, hospitals, physicians' offices, and private homes.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately five semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
Location: This program is available at all campuses.
Cost: $2,495 per semester (based on highest credential available).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed 18 months.
- This program will cost $12,475 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $8,580.17 of debt.
- Program meets licensure requirements in the following States: Louisiana
- Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the following States: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for PN are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Technical Diploma) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
AAS - Practical Nursing
TD - Practical Nursing
CTC - Nursing Assistant
Career and Technical Certificate (CTC), Technical Diploma (TD)