CLTCC Announces Reduced Tuition Benefits for First-Time
and Returning Students Who Begin Fall 2020
CLTCC is YOUR smart choice for affordable education and training for high wage, high demand, high skill careers - and - transferable General Education Courses. These courses are transferable to ALL Louisiana public colleges and universities and Louisiana College. We’re pleased to announce several innovations and benefits for students this fall:
No application fee - There is no application fee to become a student. We want there to be an easier process for YOU to become a CLTCC Bobcat.
No entry exams for most programs and courses – CLTCC is not requiring entry exams prior to enrollment through 2020 (the exception being Practical Nursing which requires Accuplacer or ACT). Please contact us for details.
Non-Louisiana residents pay the same tuition as Louisiana residents - This fall, out-of-state residents enrolled in classes at CLTCC pay the same tuition as Louisiana residents.
Free Electronic Textbooks for many General Education courses (English, History, Biology, Psychology, and Speech)
Reduced tuition for HiSET (high school equivalency) graduates - HiSET graduates from January 2019 through August 2020 may qualify for $50 off tuition per credit hour (up to six credit hours or up to $300 for Fall Semester 2020).
Reduced tuition for students not enrolled in Spring 2020 who were enrolled in Fall 2019 - Students who were enrolled in the Fall 2019 semester but did not return for Spring 2020 may qualify for $50 off tuition per credit hour (up to six credit hours or up to $300 for Fall Semester 2020).
Future Farmers of America (FFA) - CLTCC will provide a $500 tuition benefit for graduating 2020 Seniors who were a member of Future Farmers of America (FFA). Students are required to apply to CLTCC before August 1st to ensure receiving this award.
Jobs for Americans Graduates (JAG) - CLTCC will provide a $500 tuition benefit for graduating Seniors who were also 2020 graduates of Jobs for Americans Graduates (JAG). Students are required to apply to CLTCC before August 1st to ensure receiving this award.
First-Time Fall 2020 CLTCC Merit-Based Institutional Aid provides $500 per semester for up to 4 consecutive semesters (up to $2,000 for two years).
Requirements for eligibility:
- Student must have scored a 17 composite score on the ACT or 241 on the ACCUPLACER or equivalent) and have a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA or higher
- Student must complete at least 12 credit hours per semester with at least a 3.0 GPA each semester while at CLTCC
- Student must remain in school four consecutive semesters to continue receiving this institutional aid.
- There is no probationary period for students that drop below a 3.0 GPA
- If the total amount of financial aid plus institutional aid exceeds the federally mandated cost of attendance, his/her institutional aid will be reduced (adjusted) by the amount exceeding the cost of attendance.
- Students must complete the institutional aid application by August 1, 2020, to be considered for eligibility. Students must also submit their official ACT/SAT/ACCUPLACER scores by August 1, 2020.