Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician
Course Description:The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician program provides specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the field of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration. Students learn to install, diagnose, repair, and maintain the operating condition of domestic, residential, and commercial heating/air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
Graduates of this program work as technicians to install, service, and repair air conditioning and heating systems, and refrigeration systems in both residential and commercial establishments.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately four semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
Location: Alexandria Campus
Cost: $2,133 per semester (based on the highest credential available).
Accreditation & Certification
CLTCC’s A/C & Refrigeration program is nationally accredited by heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) Excellence. The HVAC Excellence programmatic accreditation validates that established standards of excellence for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) educational programs are met. These standards are designed to assure that our future workforce receives the quality of training required to provide the skills necessary for success in the HVACR industry.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in two years.
- This program will cost $8532.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $ 8,446.48 of debt.
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician Program are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Technical Diploma) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
TD-Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician
CTC – Helper I
CTS – Helper II
CTS – Domestic A/C Refrigeration
Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS), Career and Technical Certificate (CTC) Technical Diploma (TD)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.