Business Office Administration – Medical Office Concentration
Course Description: The Business Office Administration - Medical Office Concentration offers a 60 credit hours/975 clock hour Associate in Applied Science. The Medical Office Concentration prepares students to work in a variety of healthcare settings as medical coders or billing and reimbursement specialists.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately four semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
Location: Alexandria, Ferriday, Rod Brady, and Ward H. Nash Avoyelles campuses.
Cost: $2,133 per semester (based on highest credential available).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in two years.
- This program will cost $8532.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $6,760.85 of debt.
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for the AAS Business Office Administration - Medical Concentration are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Technical Diploma) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
AAS Business Administration (Medical Office Concentration)
TD – Business Office Technology (Medical Office Concentration)
CTS – Medical Office Specialist
CTS in Medical Records/Billing Specialist
CTS – Customer Service Specialist
CTC – Customer Service Representative
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.