Patient Care Technician
This program is available at the Alexandria, Ferriday, Jena (Rod Brady), Many (Sabine Valley), and Cottonport (Ward H. Nash Avoyelles) Campuses.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) program consists of classroom/lab instruction and supervised/preceptor clinical activities. Prior to clinical, the student must present a current CPR card for basic life support for health care providers. Upon successful completion of this competency-based program, students may be eligible to take certification exams in Phlebotomy, Nursing Assistant, Electrocardiogram (EKG) Technician, and/or PCT.
Graduates of this program work in long-term care facilities, hospitals, laboratories, and clinics where basic bedside nursing skills are required, as well as the skills of phlebotomy, performing EKGs, stress testing, and holter monitoring procedures.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately two semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
The estimated program cost per semester (subject to change) is $2,139 (based on the highest credential available).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in 10 months.
- This program will cost $4278.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $ 5,518.00 of debt.
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for PCT are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Certificate of Technical Studies) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
CTS - PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
CTC – NURSE ASSISTANT
CTC – EKG TECH
CTC – PHLEBOTMY TECH
Career and Technical Certificate (CTC), Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS)