This program is available at all campuses.
The Welding Program prepares students for employment in the field of welding. Instruction is provided in various processes and techniques of welding, including oxy-fuel cutting, carbon arc cutting, shielded metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, flux-cored arc welding, gas metal arc welding, pipe-welding, plasma arc cutting, blueprint reading, weld symbols, and joints. After completion of this program, the student will have covered the skills designated by the American Welding Society (AWS) and will be prepared to take the AWS entry level welder test.
Graduates of this program work in a wide-range of industries, including automotive manufacture and repair, chemical processing, construction, general manufacturing, mining, oil and gas extraction, plant maintenance, plumbing, and pipe welding, railroad construction and repair, shipbuilding, and underwater welding.
Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete all required courses to graduate from this program. Completion time depends on course load, course withdrawals, and repeat courses. The program takes approximately four semesters to complete based on full-time status (15+ hours per semester).
The estimated program cost per semester (subject to change) is $2,402 (based on the highest credential available).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- This program is designed to be completed in two years.
- This program will cost $9608.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
- Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $ 4,060.02 of debt.
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Louisiana
- For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
Credentials and Exit Points
The credentials and exit points for Welding are listed below. Students who pursue the highest credential for this program (Technical Diploma) have the opportunity to finish each semester with a competency certificate.
TD - WELDING
CTC – THERMAL CUTTER
CTC – TACK WELDER/FITTER HELPER
CTS – WELDING I
CTS - WELDING II
CTS– PRODUCTION LINE WELDER
CTS – PRODUCTION LINE WELDER II
CTS – ARC WELDER-GTAW
CTS – ARC WELDER-GMAW
CTS – ARC WELDER-FCAW
CTS – ARC WELDER-SMAW
Technical Diploma (TD), Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS), Career and Technical Certificate (CTC)