WorkReady U (Adult Education)
CLTCC’s Adult Education services include:
- High school equivalency diploma preparation (HiSET prep)
- Digital literacy skills
- Job readiness skills
- Basic math, reading, and writing remediation
- Integrated education and training
- College transition resources
- English language acquisition
CLTCC's Adult Education program is tuition free, with no cost to enroll or attend the program.
Enrolling in Adult Education
CLTCC's Adult Education program is open enrollment; students can enroll year-round.
Complete the form below or enroll in-person at the instructional site nearest you.
Enrollment Form: https://wru-intake.lctcs.edu/Home/Index?code=bNmdFzwTFrw=
Enrollment for Minors
If you are 16- or 17-years-old, you must obtain an approved age waiver or documentation of current enrollment in a state approved Louisiana Options/Connections program. The waiver can be obtained from your local parish school board office.
Anyone under the age of 19 cannot take the HiSET exam without an authorization from an approved Adult Education program.
Contact us for more information.
Class Locations and Schedules
Adult Education classes are offered year-round at multiple campuses and include classes in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
Online classes are also available for eligible students.
You can reach the Adult Education staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1.800.278.9855 or in person at one of our many sites.
CLTCC currently offers Adult Education in nine parishes: Allen, Avoyelles, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Rapides, Vernon, and Winn.
To see a full list of class locations, please click here: https://www.cltcc.edu/adult-education/locations-schedules
- Work Ready U Pathway Finder :
- LCTCS Work Ready U:
Student Success Stories
The HISET® can help you achieve your important state-issued high school equivalency credential. Many individuals have participated in the Work Ready U program. Click on the links below to hear their stories.
- Louisiana HSE Test Scholarship
- The Louisiana HSE scholarship covers the cost of the HiSET exam or subtests of the HiSET exam.
- Five for Six Scholarship
- The 5 for 6 Scholarship is awarded to individuals without a high school diploma or equivalency who wish to enroll at a Louisiana Community or Technical College. This scholarship allows eligible students to take college courses and HiSET preparation courses simultaneously.
- Next Steps Scholarship
- The Next Step scholarship helps provide financial assistance to Work Ready U/Adult Education graduates who enroll in an LCTCS college.
For more scholarship details, guidelines, and applications, please visit: https://www.lctcs.edu/workready-u
WRU Graduation Eligibility
Students who would like to participate in CLTCC’s Spring Commencement (graduation ceremony) must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- The student must attend the minimum number of instructional hours required based on his/her EFL upon enrollment in the program.
- ABE Students (NRS Levels 1-4): 40 hours
- Low ASE Students (NRS Level 5): 30 hours
- High ASE Students (NRS Level 6): 12 hours
- The student must complete a post-test
- The student must pass the HiSET before April 1st of the current fiscal year.
The cost to participate in commencement varies each year. Instructions will be given on deadlines and cost, as they become available