Dear CLTCC Students, Faculty, and Staff,
CLTCC continues to monitor the rapidly changing landscape following Governor John Bel Edwards’ Executive Order and yesterday’s further statewide restrictions encouraging “social distancing” (reduction of interaction and thus reduction of potentially spreading the virus.) Please be aware of the following update regarding the moving of Spring Break (originally scheduled from April 13-17) to next week, Monday March 23 through Friday, March 27.
The reasoning for this serves several purposes:
- The health, safety, and well-being of our Students and Staff are of the utmost importance
- The additional week provides time to identify family-related issues such as child or elder-care
- It allows instructors to refine online course content to provide quality instruction
- The college will remain available via e-mail, phone calls, and potentially on-campus services, if appropriate
The moving of Spring Break to next week, does not impact the current week’s canceling of all classes (Credit, Workforce and Adult Ed/WorkreadyU) through Friday, March 20. This will result in two consecutive weeks with our semester concluding on or about May 12.
Students will resume classes Monday, March 30 with online electronic learning facilitation of instruction. It is important to note, that all efforts to modify instructional delivery and college operations are centered on ensuring quality learning environments for students as well as safe work environments for faculty and staff. CLTCC personnel will continue to engage in Centers for Disease Control-recommended protocols.
Important Dates Updated March 17:
- Wednesday, March 18: Employees report to work with no classes for Students.
- Thursday, March 19 - Friday, March 20: Employees working on online course content, Staff continuing work week
- Monday, March 23 - Friday, March 27: Spring Break
- Monday, March 30: Classes resume (many classes resume on-line).
For those Students with needs for high-speed Internet access (broadband), CLTCC will provide access at all college locations to dedicated computer labs for online learning and assessment. This is subject to change in the event further guidance be given. We will also provide appropriate precautions for the health and wellness of students per CDC recommendations. CLTCC intends to sustain operations at each location as appropriate.
College administration is working closely to determine essential support services specific to instruction, student services, workforce training, and finance and administration.
We will continue to regularly share information from the CLTCC Chancellor’s Office and we encourage staying connected with CLTCC Social Media (Facebook and Twitter). We ask that everyone remain connected to resources that promote prevention including the Office of the Governor’s Website and www.CLTCC.edu. CLTCC remains devoted to providing high quality instruction and services within a safe, sanitary, and secure environment. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to keep you and your loved ones safe.
The CLTCC Team