Do It Right Scholarship
Application Deadline for the 2021 Do It Right Scholarship is April 17, 2021
The Brian Caubarreaux "Do It Right" Scholarship was established in March 2015 by Brian Caubarreaux and Associates, a law firm owned by attorney Brian Caubarreaux, to provide assistance to those striving for a better tomorrow. It's the largest single private scholarship CLTCC has ever received for students pursuing a Career & Technical Education. These scholarsips will have a lasting, positive impact on Cenla, our future workforce, and economic well-being. These resources will help deserving students earn an education, and equally as important, start a new career.
Scholarship recipients must attend CLTCC and major in a Career and Technical Education program. The selected applicant can attend any CLTCC campus. The winner(s) will receive a full-ride scholarship to pursue a career of their choice, meaning it will cover all program costs (tuition, fees, and books). The scholarship is separate from the financial aid award process. Funds will be distributed after the last day to withdraw from CLTCC for that particular semester and can only be used towards tuition, fees, and books incurred after the scholarship is awarded.
The scholarship will be awarded based on need and merit by an independent panel of community leaders. A combination of attributes including student performance, drive, ability, need, and a desire to seek a career and technical education from CLTCC also will be evaluated a part of the selection process.
Watch and listen to the stories of past recipients!
- BC Do It Right 2017 - Kylee Patten
- BC Do It Right 2017 - Rebekah Gauthier
- BC Do It Right 2017 - La'Keair Hawkins
- Admitted to a CLTCC campus
- Click here to apply for admission online for FREE. Admission application must be on file with CLTCC.
- High school senior; or
- Must be a senior graduating from high school in May or spring of the scholarship year
- Must provide copy of high school transcript
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Individual who earned his/her High School Equivalency Diploma (HiSET); or
- Must provide copy of GED transcript or High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) scores
- 45 HiSET or 450 GED score
- Current or continuing students at CLTCC (already attending CLTCC)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must provide copy of unofficial CLTCC transcript
- Must provide letter of good standing from current CLTCC instructors
- Complete the Do It Right Scholarship Application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and provide proof
- Have a combination of attributes: Performance, Drive, Ability, Financial Need, and Desire to seek a Career and Technical Education from CLTCC
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Attend in-person interview at CLTCC with Scholarship Selection Committee (if selected among top 10)
Click here to read the Do It Right Scholarship Guidelines & Administration of Funds.
Please note guidelines are subject to change.