Scholardships are a form of financial aid, and they are designed to help college students pay for tuition, fees and/or other expenses while enrolled in school to earn a degree or credential. Scholarships come from a variety of sources - colleges, universities, non-profit groups, private businesses, individual donors, alumni, fundraising, etc. They are awarded to students for a variety of reasons with various requirements. Below are scholardship opportunities we are posting on behalf of our employer partners and other organizations offering scholarships.
Do It Right Scholarship
The Do It Right Scholarship is available to students currently enrolled at CLTCC and/or individuals who plan to attend CLTCC. Go to cltcc.edu/do-it-right-scholarship for more details.
Future Farmers of America (FFA) Scholarship
Graduates of Louisiana FFA are eligbile for a $500 one-time scholarship to Louisiana Community & Technical Colleges. Click here for more details.
Horatio Alger Scholarship
The Horatio Alger Career & Technical Education Scholarship will award up to $2,500 in scholarship funds. Students (ages 30 and younger) attending non-profit institutions (community colleges or technical schools) are eligible to apply if pursuing a CTE degree or certificate. Awarded students may request $625 for each eligible semester enrolled to be used toward eligible tuition and fees. Dates to apply March 1, 2019 through June 1, 2019. Go to cltcc.edu/horatio-alger-scholarship for more details.
Next Steps Scholarship
WorkReady U through the Foundation for the Louisiana’s Community and Technical Colleges is providing a way to help students pay for the Louisiana High School Equivalency (HSE) test in either English or Spanish. The scholarship will provide financial support to test candidates that meet the eligibility criteria. Go to cltcc.edu/next-steps-scholarship for more details.
PTAC Crew Scholarship
The PTAC Crew Scholarship will be awarding one student $1,500. Candidates must be studying the HVAC trade at an accredited vocational or technical school. To qualify, you must be attending classes or planning to attend classes in an HVAC or HVAC-related program during the 2019-20 school year.
About the PTAC Crew scholarship:
- PTAC Crew will award $1,500 to one student, either currently attending or planning to attend a vocational or technical school.
- The scholarship program will begin accepting applications June 1, 2019.
- The deadline for receiving applications is August 1, 2019 and the winner will be chosen within 60 days following the deadline.
In order to participate in the scholarship application process, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered student at a vocational or technical college in the United States for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Be enrolled in an HVAC or HVAC-related program.
- Students with full academic scholarships are not eligible to enter.
- Applicants must completely fill out the form located at ptaccrew.com/scholarship.
To learn more about the scholarship, you can visit our website at the link below.