All applicants who are pursuing a credential (Technical Competency Area, Certificate of Technical Studies, Technical Diploma or Associate of Applied Science Degree) are required to take a placement exam. CLTCC accepts placement scores from ACT, SAT, ASSET, ACCUPLACER and COMPASS™ taken within the last three years. Unconditional admission is granted to students meeting the placement score requirements for their specific program.
What is ACCUPLACER?
ACCUPLACER is a comprehensive, computerized skills survey system that measures your:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Mathematics Skills
ACCUPLACER is not a pass/fail test. ACCUPLACER is adaptive; most students will see test questions become more or less difficult based on previously answered questions.
What are ACCUPLACER scores used for?
ACCUPLACER scores determine your place in:
- College level courses
- Developmental courses
When Can I Take the ACCUPLACER?
Students must submit an application online here prior to taking the ACCUPLACER.
To register for the ACCUPLACER exam, contact Student Services on your campus to or send an email to email@example.com with your name and campus you plan to attend. Once the $10 ACCUPLACER fee is paid online, the student will be assigned an ACCUPLACER voucher code. The exam is offered through an online test proctoring service, Examity. Register and take the test online. Tests are available 24/7 through Examity for your convenience. Here is a step by step tutorial to schedule your ACCUPLACER exam with a voucher code through Examity. Remember to have yoru photo ID handy!
What are the technology requirements?
- ACCUPLACER tests can only be administered on a desktop computer or laptop.
- The device must have a webcam and microphone (built-in or external) Connection to network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload.
- Operating systems: Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer.
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled: Google Chrome v47 or later, Mozilla Firefox v41or later, Internet Explorer v10 or later, Microsoft Edge v12 or later, Apple Safari v6 or later.
- Students can check their system requirements here.
**If you cannot meet the technology requirements, please let Student Services staff know for alternate arrangements. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 1-800-278-9855**
Can I study for the ACCUPLACER?
Practice tests are available on the internet at:
Can I use a calculator on the test?
No, a calculator can not be used while taking the test.
Is the ACCUPLACER test timed?
ACCUPLACER takes approximately three-and-a-half hours to complete (all three surveys). You should arrive 30 minutes early to ensure adequate time to test. Below are some important facts to remember:
- Take your time!
- Read all directions carefully and completely.
- Ask the proctor if you have any questions.
- Pay close attention to details.
- Wait for the computer to respond.
- Do not click or press enter more than once on the computer.
- Eat a healthy breakfast the day of the test.
When will I get my test results?
Test results are provided at the end of the testing session. Nursing students must schedule an appointment with an advisor after taking the ACCUPLACER test.
How much does ACCUPLACER Cost?
Payment of $10.00 is required through CashNet to CLTCC- you will receive an email with instructions on how to pay this fee online before testing. CLTCC students need to complete an application for admissions before testing. If you have any questions contact Student Services 1-800-278-9855, ext. 1129.
**Please note: An additional $20.00 fee per testing session is required directly to the Examity website when scheduling to test now through June 15th. The fee goes up to $25.00 after June 15th.**