Alexandria Main Campus
4311 South MacArthur Drive, Alexandria, LA 71302
Fax: 318-487-5970 or 318-487-5690
- The Alexandria Campus was established in 1965. It serves as the main campus and administrative headquarters for CLTCC. It is the college’s largest campus with eight buildings on more than 19 acres of land. It is easily accessible by the Alexandria Bus Transit System. The Alexandria Main Campus offers career and technical education programs, general education courses, dual enrollment for high school students, adult basic education and workforce development training.
- Career and technical education programs at the Alexandria Campus include AC & Refrigeration, Business Office Administration, Collision Repair Technology, Computer Technology, Drafting & Design Technology, Electrical Technology, Industrial Manufacturing Technology, Patient Care Technician (EKG, Phlebotomy, Nurse Assistant), Practical Nursing and Welding Technology. Business Office Administration, Carpentry, and Outdoor Power Technology also are taught at the Pollock Federal Prison under the umbrella of the Alexandria Campus.
- In 2019, the Alexandria Campus will be re-located to downtown Alexandria at the corner of Jackson Street and 5th Street (across from Emmanuel Baptist Church). The building project is being funded under ACT 360 passed by the Louisiana Legislature in 2013 to modernize and expand technical and community colleges. The legislature authorized $19 million in state funds for the Alexandria Campus and required a 12.5 percent local match. The City of Alexandria generously provided the match of $2.6 million making the total investment $21.6 million. Construction of the new building will be complete in the fall of 2019. The ACT 360 project also includes the purchase and renovation of the former McCormick Building, which is a few blocks from the new campus site. The McCormick Building is scheduled to be ready in the spring of 2020. The newly constructed building will be 37,870 square feet, and the McCormick Building will be 36,720 square feet for a total square footage of 74,590. This two-building approach not only facilitates transitioning to downtown, it also provides an increase in square footage estimated at 7,000 to 10,000 square feet. Click here for Downtown Alexandria Campus Building Design.
- The Alexandria Campus offers group tours as well individual tours. For a tour of the campus, call 318-487-5443. You also may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Alexandria Campus hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer, the campus operates on a four-day work-week schedule. Faculty and staff work four 10-hour days, Monday - Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.