Transportation & Logistics
Students learn the process of planning effective product distribution and discuss methods of transportation and traffic management techniques.
PAYMENT POLICY: We accept MONEY ORDERS ONLY made out to: CLTCC
Courses & Training
Commercial Drivers License Class A&B
Industry Based Credential Earned: Class A CDL
240 clock hours; 6 weeks
Motor Vehicle Inspection (MVI)
Motor Vehicle Inspection - General
Covers passenger vehicles, light trucks, trailers-under 10,000 lbs GVWR, and RV's
Theses classes are scheduled from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm @ the CTLCC Winnfield campus.
Non-Commercial meets only on Friday. You must attend Friday class in order to attend Commercial class on Saturday, or provide a certificate proving you have taken and passed Non-Commercial.
Motor Vehicle Inspection - Commercial
Covers trucks, trailers and vehicles over 10,000 lb. GVWR (commercial) and School Buses.
Louisiana State Police requires that all Commercial Vehicle Inspectors have current ASE certifications in Diesel and/or School bus repairs or years of experience. Proof of certifications must be provided to the State Police for review upon application to become a commercial vehicle inspector before the application is approved. Applicants must have at least five (5) years of experience as an ASE certified diesel mechanic or equivalent years of experience.
Note: You will need to complete the General Vehicle Inspector course prior to taking this course. This will give you the required 16 hour Commercial Vehicle Inspector course.
This program offers an 8 hour course to prepare students to be able to obtain their "License to Inspect" at an authorized inspection station.
Applicants need to bring ALL of the following items:
- VALID LOUISIANA DRIVER'S LICENSE - License must be clear of holds and/or flags
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD - We accept the original card, duplicate card or a goverment document with the full social security number on it. YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED WITHOUT THIS.
- Original signed non-credit application for admission.
- Original signed Workready U information intake application.
- Original signed Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Agreement.
- Original signed State of Louisiana State Vehicle Acknowlegment.